Advanced PhotographyGetting beyond the basics
Take stunning landscapes and seascape photography and learn how to process your images in post.
Explore detailed techniques on landscape/seascape photography, including planning, execution, composition, filters, RAW files, post processing, shutter speeds and depth of field. These modules require a full knowledge of apertures, shutter speeds, focal lengths and an understanding of the f-stop scale. If you do not yet posses that knowledge then please head to our ‘Essentials’ section and start there before commencing the courses in this section.
Advanced Photography Techniques
Expand your photography knowledge with more advanced techniques and ideas.
This course takes the knowledge in Essentials to the next level. You'll learn more intricate technical processes, such as light painting and light trails, as well as how to get perfect fast-paced action shots and how to remotely capture wildlife in their natural environments. On top of that, Karl demonstrates using flash and natural light on location and gives you terrific tips for doing macro photography virtually anywhere. You can then move on to more advanced and technical ideas, but don't worry! Karl explains through all of them in detail, from how to capture and merge HDR and Panoramic Images to perfecting photographing the motion of water and capturing the beauty of the night sky. This course also concludes with a photography technique review where Karl goes through and summaries the key details in the final images taken throughout the course.
- Photographing kids
- Light painting for landscape photography
- Essential equipment
- Macro photography out & about
- Macro photography at home
- Remote control capture
- Shooting car trails
- Photographing creative action shots
- Natural light portrait
- Natural light portrait with flash
- Shooting HDR images
- Properly blending HDR images
- Creative street photography techniques
- Shooting panoramics
- Stitching panoramic images
- Landscape with flash
- Perfect water motion
- Perfect twilight shots with flash
- Star trails and light painting on location
- Spectacular night skies
- Dynamic car shoot
- Photography technique review
Shooting with models
Using telephoto and wide angle lenses
Flash in the day
Panning to capture motion
Essential pro equipment
Nightscapes & light trails
DSLR Movie Making
Follow Karl and his team on this adventure into the world of film making.
Go behind the scenes on the making of their award winning short film "No Regrets". Have a look at some of the techniques used and the thought process behind them as well as looking at the accessories, post-production, time-lapse as well as many other elements of film making that were needed to complete this project . Not only does this course prepare you for things you need to consider before the shoot even takes place, it also shows you the settings you want to be using, why and what effect they will have on your footage helping to inspire you and give you guidance for any future film making. This course was produced by Karl and the team some time ago however much of the content is still highly relevant and covers the Key aspects of storytelling.
- Introduction and equipment overview
- Film planning, permits and story
- Lighting & Colour balance
- Filming decisions & styles
- Motion time lapse
- How to get smooth video clips using a camera crane
- How to use a camera stabilizer
- Car dolly & timelapse
- Static timelapse
- Slow motion
- Filming at night & in low light
- Post production & Editing
- Sound editing
- Recording sound
- The final film we made in this course – “No Regrets”
- Final music video
- Making of a music video
Some more advanced level training collated for your convenience.
Here we have collated all of our advanced level extra videos. These videos are not courses, they are simply short informative videos that we have created. Many of them can be found freely available on our YouTube Channel however we have catalogued them here without advertising and offering easy access for our members’ convenience.
- Interview With Nature Photographer Chris Bale
- Interview With Architectural Photographer Sean Conboy
- Photo Critique – Animal, Landscape & Portrait Images
- Place Critique: Landscape Images (Part 1)
- Photo Critique: Landscape Images (Part 2)
- Photo Critique – Landscape & Cityscape Images
- Photo Critique – Animal & Macro Images
“I am confident that what I have learned has valuable and repeatable real world applications that will benefit my business and expand my client-base. This is definitely a fun and valuable way to fast-track your vocational goals and aspirations.”Brian White, UK Photographer
See more testimonials here.