Architectural photographer Sean Conboy, renowned for photographing some of the world’s most famous buildings, joined Karl in studio for this fascinating live talk show.
Sean invited viewers to take a look at what it was like working as an architectural photographer, shedding light on a profession that centres around early mornings and late nights, precision, patience and technical cameras.
Together Karl and Sean looked at some of Sean’s work, examining the lighting of various scenes and exploring how he would balance complex mixed lighting. Sean also shared the gear he takes with him on a shoot and how he handles working in light-dependant situations.
Topics covered in this live photography talk show:
- Architectural photography
- Balancing natural and artificial light
- Working with technical cameras and tilt and shift lenses
- Composing a strong image using leading lines, focal length & light
- Shooting interiors vs exteriors
- How to photograph in busy places