In this post-production class, Karl shows you his two final images for his coastal sunset shoot and shares his post-production techniques, working in Lightroom and Photoshop.
Starting in Lightroom, Karl shows you how to straighten the horizon of an image, correct lens distortion, recover detail in the shadows and use the graduated filters to add color and contrast.
He then exports his photos before he adds the final finishing touches in Photoshop. Here you’ll learn how to use the clone stamp tool to remove unwanted objects such as dust, how to use layers and layer masks as well as hue/saturation adjustment layers and also the Warp tool. Karl also shows you how to use the burn and dodge tools to add subtle yet effective enhancements to the overall image.
In this class:
- Post-production: How to edit landscape images
- Landscape photography tips
- Working with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Lightroom lens distortion correction feature
- Shadow detail recovery
- Using graduated filters in Lightroom
- Using the Photoshop Clone Stamp tool
- Using layers and layer masks
- Photoshop Burn and Dodge tools
- Transform Warp tool
To see how this image was shot, watch the previous class.
If you have any questions about this class please post in the comments section below.