After explaining how to overcome the challenge of creating a clean white background for your photography, Karl explains how to achieve another popular look — a graduated background light. This technique is perfect for separating the subject from the background in an aesthetically pleasing way that doesn’t cause any distractions.
This too can be a difficult look to achieve, but Karl explains each step and outlines a few important things to consider when looking to create a smooth, graduated background.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- How to achieve a graduated background light
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Illuminating different background surfaces
- Adjusting a graduated background light
- Diffusing light to achieve a soft, graduated look
NOTE: This photography class is available with English subtitles.