Have you ever been unsure of how to use studio flash on location? In this photography class, Karl explains the shot he’s looking for and how he plans to achieve it.
Using carefully identified key elements in his backdrop, Karl uses filters to deliberately underexpose his background. He then uses portable studio flash to correctly expose his model, creating some very interesting and dramatic effects.
In this class, you’ll learn how to identify strong compositional elements to incorporate in a shot, how to use filters for creative effect and how to balance daylight and artificial light.
In this class:
- How to use flash photography on location
- When and how to underexpose an image
- How to balance natural and artificial light
- Camera settings for shooting outdoors with flash
- Using filters for photography
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.