In this live photography workshop, now available to watch as a replay, Karl demonstrates how to take flat lay photographs using a 35mm camera and 50mm lens.
Flat lay photography is an eye catching way to get your product noticed amidst the chaos of the internet. In this class, Karl shows you how simple it is to take eye-catching images using just two studio lights.
Working through the shoot step-by-step, Karl explains his background and prop choices, his lighting setup and the best modifiers to use, as well as how you can accomplish total control over the depth of shadows.
He achieves a number of different results, with varying degrees of shadows – from totally shadowless light to strong, sharp shadows. At the end of the show, you’ll understand exactly how to achieve each result and have the confidence to try this simple setup yourself.
In this class:
- Flat lay photography
- Studio lighting setups for flat lay photography
- How to compose a flat lay image
- How to create soft light using a point light source
- Using reflectors for product photography
- How to photograph in small studios
- How to reduce reflections in shiny objects
- How to control shadows
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.