Paper rolls are a common background choice for portrait photography, but they can often look rippled or uneven. To help you overcome this, Karl demonstrates how to quickly and easily remove wrinkles from your background using some basic Photoshop tools.
To start, you’ll learn how to select the subject using two different methods. Karl then shows how you can remove these wrinkles using one very simple tools. You’ll also learn how to remove banding in a background and how to adjust the contrast too.
This class covers the following:
- How to smooth paper in Photoshop
- How to cut out the subject in Photoshop
- How to separate the subject from the background
- Using selection tools in Photoshop
- How to remove banding from an image
To see how this image was shot, please watch our ‘Male business portrait’ class.
Additional Photoshop classes you may find useful include:
- The Selection tools
- Retouching Clothes & Removing Creases
- Practical demonstration on business retouch
If you have any questions about this class please post in the comment section below.