In this photography class, Karl shows you how to focus-stack an image in Photoshop.
Working on the ring image from the previous class, Karl starts at the very beginning, explaining how to make RAW adjustments before progressing to aligning multiple images and merging these multiple layers.
He also shares some useful tips to help speed up the process and how you can manually adjust layer masks created by Photoshop to get the best focus.
In this class:
- How to focus-stack an image
- How to achieve sufficient depth of field when photographing small objects
- How to edit jewellery product images
- Making RAW adjustment to an image
- Photoshop auto-align feature
- Working with layer masks in Photoshop
If you enjoy this class, check out Zenith Watch Post-Production 1: Focus Stacking and Compositing.
If you’d like to learn more about how to retouch a product image, please visit our Post-Production section.
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.