Have you ever wondered about the difference between a softbox and a snoot? Or whether to use an octabox or an umbrella? If so, this class is for you.
Karl demonstrates the differences between a variety of lighting modifiers, explaining the reasoning behind their effects and suggesting when each might be best used.
He also gives a recap of the principles of hard and soft light, as well as how we can control light. (If you’re still unfamiliar with these concepts, be sure to watch chapter one of this course.)
In this photography class:
- Lighting modifiers
- Hard light and soft light
- Direction of light and the impact it has
- Size of a light source and its effect
- How to further modify certain modifiers
- Lens flare and how to reduce it