*This class was recorded live & now available for replay.*
This live show builds on our ‘Identifying light in a photograph’ live show, where Karl explained the importance of being able to identify light in a photo and how this skill can be used to enhance our own photography.
Showing a number of further examples, including portrait, product and fashion images, Karl breaks down the lighting in each, sharing the ‘tools’ we can use to identify light. He explains how, by studying an image, we can determine the direction of the light, size of the light and hardness or softness of the light. He also explains how we can measure exposure without a light meter and why this allows us to be more creative.
Topics covered in this show include:
- The importance of light in photography
- How to identify light in an image
- How to create effective edge lighting
- Portrait lighting setup ideas
- Measuring exposure in photography
- How to identify the direction and size of light in a photo
If you have any questions about this show, please post in the comment section below.