In this photography workshop, Karl attempts to bring his vision of a floating cosmetic arrangement to life in a highly complex cosmetics product shoot.
Cosmetics can be complex objects to light — they’re often small and can feature different textures. Taking the time to analyse your product is the first step and in this show you’ll see why this is so important as Karl shows you his process of setting up and lighting cosmetic products.
You’ll see each step as he explains the intricacies of such a product shoot and demonstrates how to overcome challenges such as how to light different surfaces of the products, how to control light spill around the set, how to secure the products in position and which lighting modifiers are the best for this type of product photography. To finish, Karl also shows you how to add dynamic, depth and leading lines by introducing additional elements and props to this product photography setup.
Regardless of whether you’re shooting lipsticks or skin creams, this show will cover powerful techniques for photographing cosmetics, as well as useful tips for general product photography too.
In this live product photography workshop we cover the following:
- How to photograph cosmetic products
- Product photography lighting
- Product photography tips
- How to light multiple textures and finishes: Lighting matte, gloss, lustre and chrome surfaces
- Lighting modifiers for product photography
- How to create depth in a photo
Other cosmetic product shoot classes you may enjoy include:
- How to photograph cosmetics on a gloss black backdrop
- How to create and photograph cosmetic swatches
If you have any questions about this show, please use the comment section below.