Chris Bale is a self-taught nature photographer and although his passion for wildlife can be easily traced back to his childhood he did not begin to share this publicly until he was in his mid thirties. Now in his forties, he’s built up an incredible portfolio and his work features in a variety of nature journals, wildlife magazines and bird watching guides. He also sells his prints through his own gallery.
Chris joins Karl in studio for this fascinating talk as they discuss all things relating to nature and wildlife photography, from the key skills to basic equipment for beginners. Together they then review a number of images submitted by members, offering advice on everything from framing to post production techniques.
Topics covered in this live photography talk show:
- How to take good nature photographs
- The best time for nature photography
- Displaying & selling your work
- Useful equipment for nature photography
- Tips for taking better wildlife photographs
- Photographing birds in urban locations
- How to become a wildlife photographer
- Bird photography tips for beginners
If you’re interested in animal photography, make sure to watch our live show with world-renowned animal photographer Tim Flach.
Please post any questions in the section below ?