Chris Bale is a self-taught nature photographer. Though his passion for wildlife can be easily traced back to his childhood, he didn’t begin to share this publicly until he was in his mid-thirties. Now in his forties, he’s built up an incredible portfolio and his work features in a variety of nature journals, wildlife magazines and birdwatching guides. He also sells his prints through his own gallery.
Chris joins Karl in the studio for a fascinating talk as they discuss all things nature and wildlife photography, from the key skills to basic equipment for beginners. Together they then review a number of images submitted by members, offering advice on everything from framing to post-production techniques.
In this talk show:
- How to take good nature photographs
- The best time for nature photography
- Displaying & selling your work
- Useful equipment for nature photography
- Tips for taking better wildlife photographs
- Photographing birds in urban locations
- How to become a wildlife photographer
- Bird photography tips for beginners
If you enjoy this talk show, check out Interview With Nature Photographer Chris Bale.
If you’re interested in animal photography, be sure to watch Interview With Fine Art Animal Photographer Tim Flach.
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.