In this post-production class, professional retoucher Viktor Fejes continues to work on the raw files Karl captured in Parabolic Reflector Beauty Shoot.
As he retouches the hair to smooth out distracting imperfections, Viktor uses tools including the Healing Brush, the Spot Healing Brush and the Clone Stamp Tool.
The next phase is burning and dodging – local first, followed by global. During this phase, you’ll see Victor demonstrate layer masks and curves adjustment layers, plus luminosity alterations.
Moving on to colour grading, Viktor tweaks the hue and saturation in key areas, focusing particularly on the eye makeup and lipstick.
Wrapping up, he uses the Liquify filter to fix up the silhouette of the subject and adds noise to the image to ‘cover’ his retouching.
In this class:
- Post-production techniques for beauty photography
- How to retouch hair
- Burning and dodging in Photoshop
- Layer masks and curves adjustment layers
- Colour grading in Photoshop
- Adding noise and Gaussian blur
- How to use the Liquify filter in Photoshop
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.
© Karl Taylor