Chanel No. 5 is one of the most well-known perfumes in the world – an icon in its own right. In this perfume product photography class, Karl aims to create a series of images that are as elegant and beautiful as the fragrance itself.
With meticulous attention to detail and precise control, he demonstrates how to light this bottle perfectly in order to accentuate its key features. He also reveals a number of essential techniques that can be used to elevate the shot.
This class is a must-watch for anyone interested in product photography. Why? Because it provides a solid base of knowledge, recapping the basic principles before building to more advanced techniques that can be applied to a range of different products.
In this class:
- Product photography: How to photograph a perfume bottle
- Product photography tips
- How to photograph with multiple studio lights
- Lighting setups for product photography
- Using reflectors and flags
- Minimising reflections in glass objects
- Creating a composite image
To see how Karl retouches this shot, check out Perfume Bottle Photography | Post-Production for this final image.
© Karl Taylor