In this class, Karl is commissioned to photograph two paintings for artist Louise Lawton.
Photographing the two pieces, one being a large monochromatic piece and the other a smaller colored image of a young girl, Karl explains how to overcome common challenges associated with photographing paintings.
From the basics of how to position the painting to more complex elements such as light ratios and lens choice, you’ll learn all you need to know to photograph paintings, including how to minimize lens distortion, reduce reflections on lacquered surfaces, set up your lights and ensure true colour accuracy.
In this class:
- Product photography: How to photograph artwork
- Lighting setups for photographing paintings
- Lens selection for photographing paintings
- How to avoid reflections in shiny or lacquered surfaces
- Where to focus when photographing a painting
- How to achieve color accurate images
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.