This critique show focuses on a niche area of product photography, one that requires careful control of light and precise attention to detail: bottles and beverages.
Having shot these types of images for numerous clients, Karl shares his experiences as he gives his feedback on each of the images sent in.
In addition to highlighting the strengths of each image, Karl offers his advice for improvement and shares tips to overcome common challenges such as lighting gloss surfaces, illuminating liquids in different shaped bottles, and choosing backgrounds and props.
Additionally, on some of the submissions, Karl shows some simple Photoshop adjustments that could be used to enhance the shots.
Topics covered in this show include:
- Techniques for photographing bottles & beverages
- Bottle photography lighting tips
- Composition tips & framing considerations
- Controlling condensation on bottles
- Suitable backgrounds for bottle photography
- How to illuminate and enhance colour in liquids
- Retouching techniques for bottle photography
To learn more about how to photograph bottles, make sure to take a look at our Bottles & Beverages course.
If you have any questions about this class please post in the comments section below.
Please note: The start of this show will be trimmed within 24 hours. Please jump to 10:22 for the start of the show.