In this live portrait and beauty photograph workshop, you’ll see the step-by-step process you need to light and shoot professional portrait and beauty images.
Starting at the very beginning, from choosing his background and selecting his props, Karl shows how he achieves these stunning black-and-white portraits. Follow along as he develops an image from scratch and explains the thought process behind each creative decision.
Working with a variety of modifiers, Karl explains the effects, pros and cons of each while also demonstrating how to carefully control light to achieve dramatic movie-style images. With the help of his models, Dave and Evie, Karl demonstrates the effect of different shooting angles, light positions, reflectors, soft and hard light, and also teaches you how to combine different types of light in order to achieve the best possible results.
In this class:
- How to take portrait and beauty photographs
- Lighting modifiers and their effects
- Effective modifiers for portrait and beauty photographers
- The best lighting for male and female subjects
- How to take black and white images
- The inverse square law
- How to control shadows
- Working with and balancing multiple lights
- Five lighting setups for portrait photography
If you enjoy this class, be sure to check out our Portrait section, where Karl covers the theory of light in greater detail and demonstrates multiple lighting setups for creative portraits.
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.
© Karl Taylor