In this photography class Karl demonstrates how to retouch a packshot in Photoshop, making use of the selection tools and layer masks.
Packshots can be a lucrative area of photography, so it’s always worth knowing not only how to photograph them, but also how to quickly and efficiently retouch them to a high standard.
Karl introduces you to using selections, masks and cutouts and clearly demonstrates how we can use these to create and extend a pure white background, as is typical of pack shots.
This simple yet informative tutorial is a great introduction to the various selection tools and provides a detailed explanation of layers and layer masks, and how they can be combined to achieve precise control.
In this Photoshop class we cover the following:
- Product retouch demonstration: How to edit packshots in Photoshop
- Photoshop retouching tips
- How to create a pure white background in Photoshop
- Selecting objects in Photoshop
- Working with layers and layer masks in Photoshop
- Common Photoshop tools and how to use them
- Photoshop keyboard shortcuts
If you have any questions about this course please post them in the comments section below.