World-famous advertising and product photographer Jonathan Knowles joined Karl in the studio for this incredible live talk show.
From light hearted stories about shoots-gone-wrong to more serious discussions about lighting techniques, pricing and working with agents, Jonathan opened up about his 30-year career and shared some valuable insight with our members.
Together the pair discussed Jonathan’s style, his workflow, techniques for capturing high-speed motion, the importance of understanding and executing the brief and the changes in photography over the years. Jonathan also shares some of his best advice for aspiring photographers looking to make their mark in the industry and explains why it’s so important to keep developing and growing your skills.
This insightful live show offers a unique opportunity to learn from two leading commercial product photographers.
Topics covered in this live photography talk show:
- How to become a professional product photographer
- Working with advertising agencies and executing the brief
- Pitching ideas and winning clients
- Techniques for photographing high-speed motion
- Lighting painting and long exposures for product photography
- Expanding your skills and adapting to the market
- The future of commercial photography
We also caught up with Jonathan ahead of the live show to find out exactly how he achieved some of his images. You can read more about that in this blog post: ‘A closer look at some of Jonathan Knowles’s most iconic work’. If you have any questions about this live show, please post in the comment section below.