For this dramatic lighting setup, Karl and Urs deviate from the normal conventions of portrait photography as they set out to achieve a full-length portrait using a single light source.
Using a single, bare bulb from a low angle they show how it’s possible to execute precise control of a light with just a few simple accessories. Starting from the very beginning, the pair demonstrate each result as they tweak the shot until they reach the final, dramatic result below.
Starting in the large studio, they go on to demonstrate how the same results are perfectly achievable in a small studio too.
In this class:
- Creative portraiture using a single light
- How to create hard light using a single light source
- How to control shadows
- Shooting from a low angle and how to make it work
- Creating soft shadows with a hard light source
- Photographing in a small studio
- How to control light in a small studio
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.