Colour gamuts, Adobe RGB, CMYK, LAB Mode — it all sounds very confusing. So it’s no wonder that colour space is something that often causes confusion!
In this class Karl clears up some of this confusion as he explains what colour space means, how this relates to retouching, what impact the viewing medium has on colour, and what colour space is best for photography.
Throughout this class you’ll learn about the different colour space options, how to set and covert colour profiles in Photoshop, and the arguments for and against different colour profiles for retouching. Additionally, Karl also shares his recommendations for colour settings and explains why the viewing medium or device is an important consideration too.
This class covers the following:
- What is colour space
- What colour space to use for photography
- Colour space vs colour profile
- Colour spaces for retouching images
- Converting colour spaces and colour profiles
- Colour settings in Photoshop
Other classes you may be interested in include:
- Raw vs Jpeg
- Preparing your images for web & Preparing your images for print
- Fundamentals of Post-Production
- A Guide to Lighting Emotion
If you have any questions about this class please post in the comment section below.