In this Photoshop demonstration, Karl edits and retouches the files he captured in Wall Art Shells: Psychedelic Vibes Photoshoot. As he does so, he shows you a range of useful tools and techniques to help you retouch your own images.
What makes this class particularly fun is the fact that Karl has no fixed plan for what he wants to achieve, choosing instead to “make it up as I go along” and let spontaneous creativity lead him. Watching him try out different ideas is an excellent way to learn.
You’ll see Karl use the Magic Wand and Measure tools, layer masks, curves adjustments and hue saturation adjustments. He also adds Gaussian and motion blur, uses a Sharpen filter, and does some burning and dodging.
The final result is a stunning, eye-catching image you can easily recreate for yourself.
In this class:
- Post-production techniques for still life photography
- Common Photoshop tools and how to use them
- How to use layer masks in Photoshop
- Burning and dodging in Photoshop
- Adding Gaussian blur in Photoshop
- Making curves adjustments in Photoshop
- Making hue saturation adjustments in Photoshop
© Karl Taylor
Questions? Please post them in the comments below.