Watch photography can often be tricky, and none more so than this shoot, Karl photographs the detailed inner workings of a luxury Zenith watch.
In this product photography class Karl highlights the common difficulties one might face, including how to photograph shiny metal surfaces, how to achieve sufficient depth of field when photographing small items and how to balance multiple lights.
This detailed photography class addresses each of these challenges and clearly shows you simple but effective techniques to overcome them. Karl details each step, from selecting his props to how to balance his lights. See the result from each stage and follow along as he guides you through this intricate high-end product shoot.
In this product photography class we cover the following:
- Product photography: How to photograph a watch
- Macro photography: How to photograph small objects
- Equipment for product photography
- How to focus stack an image
- How to balance multiple studio lights
- Lighting modifiers for detailed product photography
- How to use reflectors for product photography
- Live view function in Phocus software
To watch the post production process for this image, click here.
If you have any questions about this shoot, leave them in the comments box below.
NOTE: This class is available with English subtitles.