Photography Challenge - Week 13
26 March - 1 April
As we continue with our weekly challenges, it's never too late to get involved. Designed to help you develop and practice your photography skills these challenges are a great way to practice important techniques, try something new and connect with other members also taking part. We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
If you watch any of our product photography classes, you’ll soon see there are a few key considerations that will help you photograph cosmetics.
Background choice, lighting and styling are important aspects of any shoot, and cosmetics are no different. With this challenge, depth of field will be a further factor you’ll have to consider. Working close up to small products like cosmetics may mean you struggle with getting sufficient depth of field, which means you may have to consider focus stacking. Think about all of this before you start shooting — pre-visualise and plan your shot to maximise your chances of a smooth and successful shoot.
Below are a few recommended classes that you may find useful.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.