Photography Challenge - Week 19
7 May - 13 May
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
We’re giving you a real challenge this week — watch photography! Notoriously tricky subjects to photograph, shooting watches often requires precision as well as patience. The good news, though, is that they don’t always require as much equipment as you might initially think. Even if you only have one light, you can create stunning watch photography if you understand light and how to control it.
In addition to your lighting, you’ll have to think about what background you use, your choice of props (if any), composition, camera settings, and lens choice. With product photography like this, the aim is always to ensure the product is the hero. For more tips and ideas, take a look at some of the watch photography classes below or take a look at our other product photography classes.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.