Photography Challenge - Week 20
14 May - 20 May
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Specifically designed to be achievable whether you’re working from home or have access to a studio, these challenges are a great way to try something new and also connect with other members. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
After our live show all about car photography, we thought we’d challenge you to take car photography a little bit further…
This week we’re challenging you to shoot close up details of cars. If you’ve never photographed cars before, this is the perfect opportunity to give it a go! As you’ll see in our Classic car photography on location class, you don’t need fancy ceiling rigs or expensive equipment to photograph cars; you can get great results with simple modifiers and some reflective boards.
Lighting control will be key this week, so remember to carefully plan your shot beforehand. Think about what sort of lighting you want, where you need it and how you can achieve it. The recommended classes below should offer some guidance and inspiration.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.