Photography Challenge - Week 25
18 June - 24 June
From pet photography to bottle product shots, our ongoing weekly challenges allow members to explore different subjects and test their skills while connecting with fellow photographers. We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
If you ever needed an excuse to get messy for the sake of art, this week’s challenge is it!
This week we’re challenging you to see what you can create for splash photography. Whether it be water or paint, people or products, we want to see what you come up with.
There are many ways you can get creative with this week’s theme, as you’ll see in the variety of splash photography classes we have on the site.
Key to capturing these fast-moving shots is a fast flash duration. This will ensure any movement is perfectly frozen. Choosing the right focus point will also help you get the best result. If you don’t have a fixed object, think about where you want the focus point to be and use a stand-in object to fix your focus point. Finally, think carefully about your lighting and how you can enhance the texture of the liquid.
To learn how to photograph different liquid splash shots, take a look at a selection of our popular splash photography classes below.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.