Photography Challenge - Week 3
15 January - 21 January
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
From chocolate eggs to ostrich eggs, test your creativity and see what you can create this week. Remember, when shooting still life subjects such as this, lens choice is an important factor, as is the decision on what background and props to use. Think about the composition of your shot, what techniques could you use to guide the viewers eye? Colour is another factor that you could use this week. Experiment with different colour schemes to see what works — would a monochromatic scheme work? Or perhaps complimentary colours create more impact. The best thing with still life subjects such as this is that you don’t have to worry about your subject moving or changing form, so make sure to use your time to the fullest.
If you’re looking for ideas or inspiration, below are a few classes that you may find useful.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.