Photography Challenge - Week 39
24 September - 30 September
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? Photography challenges are a great way to get out of your comfort zone and try new things. We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Achievable whether work with natural light or studio light, our weekly challenges are designed to encourage you to get creative, practise your skills and develop new techniques. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
Flat lay images are an incredibly popular type of photography at the moment. From cosmetic companies to restaurants, chances are you’ve seen at least one flat lay image in the last week.
These images, when done correctly, can be incredibly eye-catching. When not done correctly, however, they can appear flat and boring. Composition and lighting are two main elements that will help elevate your image and give it a professional quality — both of these are covered in more detail In our flat lay photography live workshop.
Whether you choose to refine your lighting techniques, or try something new and experiment with tilt-shift techniques, there’s a great amount of creative freedom this week. You might even come out of it with a new image for your portfolio!
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.