Photography Challenge - Week 41
8 October - 14 October
Photography challenges are a great way to get out of your comfort zone and try new things and we’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
It’s time to dust off those old football boots and dig out those unused dumbbells — this week it’s all about sports equipment.
Whether you’re shooting an advertising-style product image or more artistic still life image, this week there’s plenty of ways to get creative. Whatever your choice of subject, we’d recommend taking a look at our sports equipment course for a few useful tips and techniques.
Our Specialized racing bike shoot is an example of how you can create classic images of modern day products. Or, if you’re feeling more daring, you could show the product in use, as we did with our tennis racket shoot, where we used a laser flash trigger to capture the flying tennis ball.
Whatever you choose to shoot and however you choose to shoot it, this week is a great opportunity to try new techniques and refine your existing skills.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.