Photography Challenge - Week 45
5 November - 11 November
If you’re looking to try new things and improve your photography, why not get involved in our weekly challenges? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
From fashion magazine to e-commerce websites, images of cosmetic swirls and sweeps are everywhere.
Knowing how to shoot these images isn’t just good for your portfolio, it also provides an opportunity to practise and perfect some important photographic skills.
Controlling exposure levels to achieve pure white is just one of the challenges you’ll face this week (if you're shooting on white), along with creating the perfect swirl, achieving gradient lighting, and controlling reflections in glossy subjects.
The good news is that shooting these creative images is simpler than you might think. The key to all of it patience! Below is some recommended content that will help you with this week’s challenge.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.