Photography Challenge - Week 47
19 November - 25 November
It's easy to feel stuck with your photography, so photography challenges are a great way to kickstart your creativity. If you’re looking to try new things and improve your photography, our weekly challenges are achievable whether you work with natural light or studio light and we’ve got 52 weeks of ideas for you to try! We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
Textures and patterns are all around us — in our homes, in nature, in the food we eat, and the products we use.
They can also be both natural and man-made, so if you can’t get out with your camera, look around for what you can find, or make, at home.
Lighting is key when it comes to revealing textures, so this week could be the perfect time to brush up on your lighting theory.
Composition and depth of field are also important considerations; think about what elements you can use to enhance the image and what aperture will work best. Take the time to think about what you’re shooting, what works, and what doesn't. This week might seem like it’s an ‘easy’ challenge, but don’t be fooled.
Below are a few classes that you might find useful for this week's challenge.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.