Photography Challenge - Week 49
3 December - 9 December
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
Previously we challenged you to photograph juxtaposing colours. This week we’re switching it up with the challenge of photographing matching hues.
You can choose to photograph any subject this week, as long as there is a strong element of matching hues.
This challenge is not only a great way to test your control and understanding of colour, but it’s also a great way to test your skills in separating the subject from the background. Think about using techniques like lighting and texture to create separation and experiment with shapes and form too.
Below is a selection of classes that may provide some further information and inspiration for this week.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.