Photography Challenge - Week 5
29 January - 4 February
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
All images consist of light and shadows, but with the focus often being placed on the former, we often tend to forget about the importance of shadows. Shadows play an important part in images; they create contrast, reveal form and texture and allow us to convey mood and emotion. This week, challenge yourself to see photography in a different light and see what you can create for the theme of ‘Shadows’. This is your chance to get creative. You can use this challenge to really explore form, shape, texture and mood, whether you’re photographing people, products or even landscapes.
If you’re looking for ideas or inspiration, you’ll find numerous classes throughout the site that show you how to use light and shadow, including our ‘The emotion of light’ and ‘A guide to lighting emotion’ live shows. Below are a few other classes that you may find useful too.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.