Photography Challenge - Week 8
19 February - 25 February
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
From wayward shoelaces to different surface textures, there are a few challenges you can expect to face for this week’s challenge. As always though, the key thing to keep in mind is the light. What mood do you want to create? What type of light will best show the material of the shoe? What are the key features that need to be lit? When you break it all down and think about the shot, you’ll see that creating a good image of a shoe suddenly doesn’t seem so impossible. There’s plenty of ways you can get creative too! Try different backgrounds, experiment with long exposures and light painting (as we did in our live footwear photoshoot) or even try a more ‘lifestyle’ approach.
If you’ve never photographed shoes or footwear before, the classes below provide a few different setups and ideas, as well as include a number of tips that you may find useful.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.