Post ProductionRetouch like a pro.
Photoshop For Photographers
With the right instruction you’ll quickly discover how easy it is to harness the incredible power of Photoshop.
- Retouching recommended equipment
- Understanding digital images
- Managing digital image files
- Photoshop interface and tools
- Using Masks, Burn & Dodge
- Thinking and working efficiently
- The basics of RAW file conversions
- Practical demonstration on product retouch
- Practical demonstration on landscape retouch
- Practical demonstration on fashion retouch
- Practical demonstration on interior retouch
- Practical demonstration on business retouch
- Practical demonstration on wedding retouch
- Practical demonstration on beauty retouch
- Key workflow essentials
- Photoshop and Lightroom working together
Individual Photoshop Tools
Dedicated classes to help you learn Photoshop quickly and easily.
- How to use Curves
- Making and using Masks
- The Selection tools
- How to burn and dodge in Photoshop
- Preparing your images for web
- Preparing your images for print
- Adjusting colour in Photoshop
- Colour Theory
- Converting images to black and white
- How to create a custom workspace in Photoshop
- The Clone and Healing tools
- Master the Pen Tool
- How to create Actions in Photoshop
- Removing a Person
- Fundamentals of Post-Production
- Retouching Clothes & Removing Creases
- Understanding Histograms & How To Use Them
- How To Clean Paper Backgrounds In Photoshop
- Removing Objects Using Content-Aware Fill In Photoshop
- Understanding bit depth
- Raw vs Jpeg
- Understanding Colour Space
Advanced Photoshop for Photographers
Discover professional industry retouching secrets that will transform your images.
- Why we require retouching
- Retouch beauty Part 1
- Retouch beauty Part 2
- Retouch beauty Part 3
- Retouch beauty Part 4
- Preparing “Visual Aid” layers
- Home interior retouch
- Product retouch Part 1
- Product retouch Part 2
- Hair advert retouch
- Wedding couple retouch Part 1
- Wedding couple retouch Part 2
- Proper black & white conversions
- Advanced Photoshop for Photographers course: The outtakes
Compositing using Photoshop
Get creative and learn how to create amazing composite images in Photoshop.
- An introduction to compositing in photoshop
- Layering files & determining composition
- Blending layers in Photoshop
- How to cut out objects in Photoshop using the Pen Tool
- Blending the subject into scene
- Creating smoke effect using Photoshop Brush tool
- Tools and techniques for colour grading adjustments in Photoshop
- Advanced colour adjustments in Photoshop
- Generating sparks and fire using Photoshop tools
- Final grading and adjustments
An Introduction to 3D Modeling & CGI
Learn how to create impressive 3D models from an industry pro.
Frequency Separation Made Easy
Skin beauty retouching - the workflow.
Have you ever needed to retouch an image but never really had a plan or process to follow to get the job done? Karl simplifies the techniques of low frequency and high frequency separation for skin retouching, and explains the reasons behind it and demonstrates an incredibly quick process for smoothing skin without loosing the original texture, an alternative method of retouching that is speedier that previous methods shown in out Advanced Photoshop course but can still yield good results. Burn and dodge lighting techniques are also demonstrated and explained within this course.
Lightroom 6/CC for Photographers
Quickly learn the new features of this latest version of the Lightroom software.
This course not only teaches you how and when to correctly use Lightroom tools but also helps you develop your creative eye to better understand what needs enhancing in the first place. Karl works on a series of photos teaching you everything you need to look for and understand when enhancing your photography so that you can get some incredible detail and make the most out of the shots from your camera.
Lightroom 4 for Photographers
Learn how to get the most from Lightroom 4 with some top tips from Karl.
Whether you're a complete beginner or a photography enthusiast, photo editing skills are very important. In this tutorial, Karl teaches you how to use everything from colour correction and clone tools to adding graduated skies. If you are interested in getting the most out of this software then this is the course for you. This course was created before our Lightroom 6/CC course, the techniques covered are similar to some of those in our Lightroom 6/CC course however for those of you serious about advancing your knowledge of Lightroom it is beneficial for you to watch the process again with different images.
Photoshop Retouching with CS4/CS5
Master the essentials required for high-end industry retouching.
This course is aimed at photographers who want to improve the impact of their fashion, beauty or product images. Learn the essential tools and techniques for light shaping, skin smoothing, shading and much much more as Karl shows you exactly how he re-works beauty and product images to high end advertising and beauty standards.
- Introduction & tools overview
- Light Shaping overview
- Before & after skin blemishes
- Retouching stray hairs in Photoshop
- Lips, eyes & eyebrows
- Skin smoothing with dust & scratches
- Light sculpting
- Liquify shape shifting
- Beauty retouching: Learning the process
- Eye makeup
- Light shaping
- Finishing up
- Fashion shot objects removal
- Fixing discoloured hair roots
- Liquify shape shifting extra
- Using masks
- Curves, Burn & Dodge
- Creating white backgrounds in Photoshop for product images
- Label fixes
- Final touches
Post Production Extras
Further post production techniques and tips to help you get the most from your images.
In this section we have collected together all of our extra post production videos. These are not courses, they are simply short informative videos that we have created. Many of them can be found freely available on our YouTube Channel however we have catalogued them here without advertising to offer easy access for our members’ convenience.