Jewellery PhotographyCapture Flawless Advertising-Style Jewellery Images
What you'll learn:
- Identifying & overcoming the challenges of jewellery photography
- Tips for photographing jewellery
- How to photograph small products using focus stacking
- Jewellery photography ideas
- How to photograph jewellery photography on a white background
- Equipment & lenses for jewellery photography
- How to control reflections
- Background choices & props for jewellery photography
- Start-to-finish demonstrates for photographing watches, necklaces & rings
- How to retouch jewellery images
About these classes
Jewellery photography is one of the most challenging types of photography since it typically involves highly reflective subjects and tiny details — but this is what makes achieving flawless results that much more rewarding.
If you’d like to learn how to create high-quality images that capture a sense of elegance and perfection, then look no further than this series of in-depth jewellery photography classes.
Shooting different luxury items such as watches, necklaces, and rings, Karl teaches you how to identify the common challenges associated with jewellery photography and, more importantly, how to overcome them to produce high-quality results for online or commercial purposes.
One of the key skills you’ll master during these classes is how to control reflections while maintaining the specularity and sparkle that creates that sense of luxury.
Additionally, you'll learn how to shoot small products using focus stacking, photograph jewellery on a white background, style jewellery for photography, and securely fix items in position.
Karl also shares valuable techniques and tips for product photography as he explains the best lenses for jewellery photography, how to make your own creative backgrounds and props, and what lighting techniques to use for photographing reflective surfaces.
There are also accompanying post-production classes that cover how to focus stack images in Photoshop and other powerful techniques to really polish your images.