Knowledge & Inspiration for PhotographersClasses. Live Workshops. Support. All of it.
Lighting Theory & EquipmentThe fundamentals of how to use studio lighting
This section provides a complete introduction to studio lighting and equipment, covering fundamental concepts related to portraiture, product and fashion photography. Karl explains essential lighting theory and demonstrates how to use this knowledge to recognise, modify and control light. He also covers different types of studio lighting, useful equipment and accessories for studio photography and compares the effects of different modifiers.
On this course you will learn:
- What is studio lighting & how to use it
- Studio lighting for photography
- Hard vs soft light
- The inverse square law
- Techniques for controlling light
- Different types of studio lighting
- Understand flash power & duration
- How to correctly expose an image using studio lighting
- The effects of different lighting modifiers
- Tips to set up your own photography studio