In this final chapter, Karl delves further into Frequency Separation, noise and local contrast control.
He demonstrates how these can be used in your skin and beauty retouching workflow as he goes over the final steps of his retouch, showing you how to separate contrast texture from the overall tone and explaining the advantages of this technique.
He also shares further advice for sharpening your images and shares a special tip to speed up your frequency separation workflow.
In this photography class we cover the following:
- How to use Frequency Separation for retouching
- The advantages of using Frequency Separation
- How to smooth skin in Photoshop
- Using burning and dodging to smooth skin
- Sharpening images using Unsharp Mask
For additional techniques and further demonstrations on how to retouching skin, please watch our ‘Advanced Photoshop for Photographers’ course.
Please post any questions in the box below.