As video has become a big part of stills photography, many pro photographers have had to expand their skill set to include film and video production.
Award-winning product photographer Jonathan Knowles is one such example, having filmed campaigns for Schweppes, Twinings, and Costa, to name a few.
Jonathan once again joined Karl live, this time to talk about the importance of video and to take a closer look at some of his work and how it was achieved. Jonathan also shared some valuable insight into the commercial process and what clients expect in this multimedia age.
Jonathan and Karl also discussed Jonathan’s equipment and lighting, how COVID has affected his business and what tips he has for those looking to get started in video.
Topics covered in this show include:
- Shooting video as a photographer
- Lighting for video & photography
- Equipment for film work
- Challenges associated with film & directing
- Tips for filmmaking & video
- The future of photography & video
Other guest interviews you might be interested in include:
- Interview with product photographer Barry Makariou
- Interview with product & liquid photographer David Lund
If you have any questions about this show please post in the comment section below.