In this live show Karl demonstrates the start to finish process of how to photograph cars as he shoots a Porsche Targa.
Having shot many cars throughout his career, Karl shares his advice and tips for car photography while covering the necessary equipment and lighting techniques to get the best result. Throughout this detailed show, you’ll learn everything from the best shooting angles to what features to include, the best lighting techniques, where to focus for maximum depth of field, and how to control and minimise reflections in reflective surfaces.
Topics covered in this show include:
- How to photograph cars in the studio
- Studio lighting for car photography
- Equipment for car photography
- How to control/remove reflections in reflective surfaces
- Polarising light
- Focusing for maximum depth of field
The full post-production process for this shoot is shown in a follow-up live show, which you can watch here.
To learn more about how to photograph cars, make sure to take a look at our automotive photography classes, including:
- Cassic car photography on location
- Professional Car Photography – 3/4 Front View
- Studio Motorcycle Photography
- Live Workshop – Motorcycle Photography
If you have any questions about this show, please post in the comment section below.