Would you like to hear some stories from one of the industry’s leading celebrity photographers?
Award-winning portrait photographer Tom Oldham joins Karl in the studio to discuss his career and working with characters such as Richard Branson, Thierry Henry and Usain Bolt.
The pair discuss Tom’s start in the business, delve into what it means to be a celebrity photographer, and ask what it takes to make it in the industry.
Tom shares his wealth of knowledge and offers great advice for dealing with various challenges, from prospecting and working with reluctant subjects to making the most of limited time. He also provides insight into some of his work, including his book ON/OFF and his award-winning series ‘Last of the Crooners’.
In this photography talk show:
- Portrait photography
- How to capture meaningful portraits in limited time
- How to put your subject at ease
- The importance of technical knowledge
- How to overcome shyness and approach potential subjects
- Finding novel ways to photograph portraits
- Balancing personal projects with paid projects
Read more about Tom’s career in Tom Oldham: ‘It’s a Great Gig’, and absorb some of his expertise in 5 Portrait Photography Tips from Tom Oldham. You may also be interested in our ‘Conversations with Tom Oldham’ live show.