In this live critique show, now available to watch as a replay, Karl reviews animal and macro images submitted by members. Looking at each of the submissions, he gives his feedback and advice. He also demonstrates some simple post-production tips that can easily be applied to any image, and shares a number of tips for photographing macro shots of nature or animals. These include using extension tubes, compositional techniques, and how to achieve sufficient depth of field.
In this critique:
- Animal / macro photography
- What makes a good macro image
- Focus stacking to achieve greater depth of field
- Guiding the viewer’s eye
- Composing macro images
- Tips for macro photography
- Controlling and correcting colour cast
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.