Parabolic reflectors are a popular choice of lighting modifier for fashion photography. In this photography class Karl utilizes a simple yet effective three light setup to achieve this punchy final image.
You’ll be able to follow each step of the shoot, from set creation to outfit selection and lighting tests. To end the class, Karl reviews the final image, clearly explaining the effect of each light and how this setup can be used for a multitude of different shoots.
This class forms part of our fashion week course, where Karl teamed up with Next Model Management’s Kariss Craig, professional fashion stylist Bianca Swan and makeup artist and hair stylist Shanine Levrier for an intensive week of filming high-end fashion photography.
In this fashion photography class we cover the following:
- Fashion photography: Three light studio setup
- Creative lighting setups for fashion photography
- Set creation
- Outfit selection
- Posing your model
- Lighting modifiers for fashion photography
- How to use Parabolic reflectors for fashion photography
- How to create an edge light effect