*This class was recorded live & now available for replay*
In this information packed live photography workshop Karl sheds some light on the mystery surrounding parabolic reflectors.
These versatile modifiers are a go-to for fashion and beauty work as they produce beautiful sparkly light that is very flattering when it comes to skin tone and able to reveal great detail in different textures.
Here Karl explains exactly what makes these modifiers so special and why the Para 133 is his modifier of choice. Touching on the physics of lighting and the science behind the parabolic shape, Karl demonstrates the effect of these modifiers, their versatility, as well as a few other, more affordable alternative modifiers.
In this live photography workshop we cover the following:
- The science behind what makes a true parabolic reflector
- When, where and why to use parabolic reflectors (and when not to)
- The different parabolic reflectors and the results
- Modifying parabolic reflectors
- Parabolic reflectors live demonstration — beauty and product shoots
- Lighting modifier comparisons
- Affordable alternative lighting modifiers
- Advantages and disadvantages of different lighting modifiers
To read more about parabolic modifiers, the science behind them and their uses, read our blog post here.
If you have any question about this photography workshop, use the comments box below.