Photography Challenge - Week 36
3 September - 9 September
One of the best ways to get creative with photography is to get out and try new things. Our weekly photography challenges are designed to encourage you to try new things and we’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
Rim lighting is a commonly used photography lighting technique, useful for everything from portraits to product photography.
This week we’re giving you the freedom to photograph any subject, as long as there’s a clear element of rim lighting. Remember, rim lighting could be subtle, perhaps for portraiture, or it could be more obvious, for product photography. This week it’s all up to you!
There are a number of classes throughout the site where you’ll see examples of how to use rim lighting, a few of which are included below to offer some guidance and inspiration.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.