Photography Challenge - Week 4
22 January - 28 January
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
This week we’re challenging you to take a closer look at something we all have laying around the house — stationery. Macro photography is a great way to get creative as it enables us to look at and see the ordinary in extraordinary ways. Be it a macro shot of highlighters or a creative arrangement paper, think outside the box to see what you can come up with this week. A few key points to keep in mind are: think about colour and how you can incorporate this; consider composition and how you can use this to your advantage; and be mindful of your background and how this compliments your shot. There’s no limit to what you can create — as long as it classifies as macro photography.
If you’re looking for ideas or inspiration, below are a few classes that you may find useful.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.