Photography Challenge - Week 46
12 November - 18 November
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
How to get creative
With 45 weeks of challenges behind us, things aren’t getting any easier, and this week we’re challenging you to photograph sunglasses.
These reflective products, with their curved shapes and multi-textural surfaces, can be tricky to photograph, but the good news is that you don’t need to be a pro or have a lot of equipment to get good results.
If you have a good understanding of light, a couple of studio lights, a tripod, diffusion material, and some reflectors, then you’ll be able to do this week’s challenge.
Keep in mind the basics of product photography this week: analyse the product to determine the best features and shooting angle; choose the right lens (use extension tubes if you need to); fix your camera on a tripod; and use mirrors, reflectors or flags if you need additional lighting control.
Below are a few classes that may help with this week’s challenge.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group using #KTEWeeklyChallenge, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.